Monday, March 16, 2009

Spencer's Baptism

There is no better feeling in the world than coming together as a family to support someone you love in following our Savior. You look forward to them taking this step for years, and then when you finally witness it, there are no words to describe the ultimate Joy that is felt! Seeing them heading in the right direction is the most rewarding thing there is as a parent! I can hardly imagine how great it is going to feel to see him receive the priesthood, go on a mission and ultimately get married in the temple! I am so excited just thinking about it! I am so thankful for the happiness that the gospel brings to us and the closeness that we have as a family because of it! I am so thankful to My Mom, Trent's Dad and my sister in laws Chrystl and Trisha for sharing this wonderful experience with us.






5 comments:

MANDY said...

You described that so beautifully. I'm excited for those events for my children.
Oh, and to answer a question you asked me...I haven't scrapped since before Mal was born (3 years at least). I'm overwhelmed and want to get back to it.

Tricia said...

Congrats to all on your wonderful event. Families really DO bring the greatest joy.

Leene said...

Congratulations to Spencer and the rest of the family - baptism is such a significant event. How nice that you had so much family spend that special day with you guys.

Deana said...

I know the feeling. We have one more to baptize but it will be quite a while.Spencer is so blessed to have wonderful parents who love him.

The Merz said...

Glad you had a wonderful family bonding moment. It is good to be reminded of how lucky you are to have people you love and who love you. Ahhh You made me think of your mom, tell her hi. She is so sweet! I did sorta finish my post, I just got stopped for a few days. I'm not so good at this but I sure enjoy it.