Friday, October 17, 2008

I forgot summer pics!











































We had such a great vacation this summer, but with the business of life, I never posted pics for the relatives we visited back home. Thank you Aunt Belle for the request because we did have a great time and want to share it with all.

It took us 2 days each direction to drive out. The kids were pretty good, it helped that we have a DVD player and a game boy! I also bought new books, coloring books and some car games. We were set! Taryn was the hardest. She hated her car seat, and had no problem letting us know!

We went to Missouri to see the grandparents, and cousins, Aunts and Uncles. My Nana and Papa were preparing to move to a retirement community, so this was the last time we would be in their home. I am glad they were able to make this move, and it puts them closer to family. I wanted to get lots of pics of this place where I spent many happy memories with family as a child. Nana & Papa treated the kids to a day at Minor Mikes (Like Chuck E Cheese) The kids had so much fun, and are still (4 months later) asking if we can go there.

We also saw my other grandmother, who is now 92. I have lots of cousins who live there, and they all came over with their children and we all had a good time. A little loud with 20+ kids in the house, but it was great.

On to Nebraska, where I grew up. My sister Holly met us there from Arizona with her 4 kids, and my mom had a full agenda for us. We went to the planetarium, to a museum with Dinosaur bones. We also went to the Childrens Museum (which is the best one I have ever been to) which had robot dinosaurs! Too Cool!! We spent the 4th of July there, and went paddle boating at Mahoney State park, and then back for fireworks at mom's! Another highlight was Grandpa's pool. The kids loved being in there with cousins and Uncle Brenden! Our last day we spent at the zoo. The Henry Doorly Zoo is huge with a rainforest and a desert dome and countless other cool things. Also the best zoo I have ever been too. (No I am not biased!)
We also celebrated Taryn's first Birthday. Grandma took the kids to Play Daze, and had an official party with pizza and cake. Taryn enjoyed the cake the most! She also had a pinata for the kids to do. look out grandma!!
We had so much fun. We wish we could get out there more often!! (Sorry the pictures are all out of order, I need to learn more about how to move things around on the posts. There are too many pics in this case so I am not going to worry about it. :+)

Uncle Brenden, my baby brother, not a baby anymore! He is 19 and getting ready to go on a mission. We are so glad that we were able to spend time with him this summer. He is so good with the kids, they love him! He was good to go with us everywhere and to help with the kids. We look forward to finding out where he is going on his mission!!

Aunt Tsitsi also made sure that she spent a lot of time with us. She came and went all of the place with us. The kids also adore her. She is such a great part of our family!!

All in all, it was a great vacation.

2 comments:

Cathleen said...

Looks like you packed a lot of events into your vacation. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Susannah said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting. I'm glad to know I can see updates on you and your family. I love blogging!