Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fireworks, Marshmallows, Karaoke & Yogi Bear

We had such a great 4th of July. This was our family vacation this summer. We went for 4 days 3 nights to Jelly stone park. It is in the Shannendoah valley with the Blue Ridge mountains. It is only 1 1/2 from our house, it os so beautiful there! I have always wanted to go there. We found it about 4 years ago. They had lots of scheduled activities from scavenger hunts, to wagon rides, to craft time, to karaoke. Madison, Spencer and Aiden sang Karaoke in front of half the camp, I was so proud of their bravery!! We had fun in the pools, on the water slide. There was miniature golf, and laser tag too. One of the things that I love about camping is that it is easy to make friends, and feel right at home. On the fourth they gave the kids flags and balloons and had them march in a patriotic parade led by Yogi Bear himself. (I forgot my camera). We also enjoyed a huge fireworks display. It was a great family vacation, for not all that much expence that I would recomend to anyone!


































2 comments:

Deana said...

What a wondeful vacation! I hope things are going great for your family. We are doing good!

Leene said...

What great photos, it looks like you guys had a good time. I bookmarked the Jellystone website so we can go camping next year, I bet the kids will have a blast.