Friday, December 12, 2008

Tree Hunt

A Holiday Tradition in our family is to go and get a tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. We drove about 20 miles out to a tree farm and went on a hunt. The first tree the kids found was too big (see picture). The next tree was too small (see pic) the next one was just right! Dad and kids cut it down, and we were off to decorate it! I love turning on holiday music and gathering around the tree. This year even Taryn could put on some ornaments. We hung our stockings too (courtesy of Nana). It gives a warm family atmosphere. I love this time of year even though it is busy!!





4 comments:

Deana said...

Your house looks so pretty and so does your tree.

Leene said...

The tree looks great, I'm so with you on the good feeling you get when everyone is gathered around decorating and just being together. I love that you go out and cut down your own tree, we do the artificial one each year. Next year I think we should get a live one - will need to convince Ray.

The Coles said...

It is the opposite at my house, I want to save the money and get an artificial tree, Trent insists on the real one. It is the only tradition that he speaks up about so I let him have it.

Garity said...

Love your decorations. Maddison looks so grown up in these pictures! I hardly recognize her.

Kris loves real trees too. I don't but I'm with you...let him have it (as long as he cleans up after it which he does every year!) We have an artificial one this year since we live overseas but we'll go back to real when we get back stateside.